Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Example of Nursing Care plan for Imbalanced nutrition: less than body requirements
Imbalanced nutrition: less than body requirements related to vomiting and loss of appetite as manifested by low protein level (47g/L).
- “ I have loss of appetite ”
- “ I don’t want to take any food to avoid vomiting ”
- Patient refuses to eat
- Decreased serum protein level = 48g/L
- Decreased K+ = 2.9 mEq/L
Planning and Outcome:
- The patient will experience relief from nausea and vomiting in 2-4 hours
- The patient will experience good appetite after two days of nursing interventions.
Nursing Interventions and Rationale:
|– Assess and document amount, color, and characteristics of vomitus.||– Determine fluid replacement|
|– Eliminate smells from the environment||– Reduces gastric stimulation and vomiting response|
|– Monitor the BUN, protein, and glucose balance as indicated.||– Reflect organ function, nutritional status and needs|
|– Adjust diet according to nutritional needs and patient’s preferences||– Taking patient’s food preferences would help him gain a good appetite|
|– Administer antiemetic drugs||– Prevent loss of stomach contents|
- The patient’s nausea and vomiting stopped after administering antiemetics.
- The patient’s appetite has progressively improved.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.